Friday, March 10, 2006

Words

Today is my 22nd wedding anniversary, though I only got to celebrate 14 of them with my husband. If you are so inclined, and enjoy stream-of-consciousness-type writing, I posted an entry on Mindfull early this morning, pretty much covering the topic. It was a good day then, and I've tried to make it a meaningful day ever since.

Won't go back to the sexiest men today, as that would be unseemly. Although Dale certainly got my tendency to crush. He once bought me a poster of Pierce Brosnan and insisted that I hang it up. It found a place in our laundry room, and he loved to tell everyone the story.

New links to the right. Project Spectrum hasn't been as difficult as I first thought: I found some tomato red yarn that had been forgotten, and am teaming it with a variegated ("spectrum"-ish) for a ribbed scarf.

Stashalong begins April 1st, and prohibits me from buying new yarn for one month. I must admit to making some recent purchases for Secret Pals and the like --- there should certainly be enough around here to keep me busy for 30 days. I tend to knit out of my stash all the time anyway, and a trip to Barnes & Noble this morning guaranteed Stashalong's success.

I went to buy a CD for my KTC swap pal (no luck), and to pick up any magazines with Oscar coverage (Briton's order; every good Keira Knightley picture must be had) --- nothing there either. But guess what was there? Leigh Radford's OneSkein! Hooray! (I'd say double hooray, but that wouldn't fit, huh?)

Also over there is a link to a new blog I found yesterday: Yarn Dreams. The knitter is named Sarah, and has just finished a pretty and very comfy-looking Klaralund sweater. Even more than that, though, she has links to NASCAR, and my favorite driver, Dale Jarrett! Elaine --- more NASCAR knitters!!

Cirque de Socks is a knitalong hosted by the treasured, and aforementioned, Elaine. I am going to try yet again to do the 2-circulars thing. Come join us!



4 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

Two circs... you can do it! And then.... can you teach me?! hehe

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Marji said...

I read your beautiful entry on the Mindful blog.
Happy Anniversary.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Heather said...

*hugs* Happy anniversayy hon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home