Monday, March 27, 2006

Triumph

The caper was a success! By the time we got through unexpectedly hellacious Atlanta traffic, it was getting late enough in the day that I was sure Mama was wondering why I hadn't called yet with birthday wishes. So, we let her in on the surprise in Cartersville, as opposed to Chattanooga, as originally scheduled.

She was just astounded, and worried that there wasn't any milk, but sounded very excited at the prospect of us being there. It was a maddening drive; seemed to take us forever to arrive. But once we did, she opened her gifts (Elaine, your sock story was as big a hit as the socks themselves!) and we had German chocolate cake. Saturday, we took her to lunch, which she also seemed to really enjoyed. Of course, we had to come back yesterday, and, after seeing the traffic on Friday, I decided to get out early. We were back here by 3 o'clock, after a nice, nice weekend.

I asked if I could take pictures, but that idea was politely and firmly declined. So, no photographic evidence of our joy, but it existed. (Speaking of pictures: Briton and Hannah don't know I posted one of their Aquarium shots here. Mum's the word.)

I finished a pair of wristwarmers while home, and cast on a beret. That was bound off and seamed up yesterday, and went into my last package to my SP spoilee. You all know what that means: time to pick something new! And now that I can do the 2-circs socks. . .

4 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Kim! You were an awesome mystery swap pal! Thanks! I loved all of it and am looking forward to digging into both the yarn and the book. I have left several comments on your Sexy Men. I couldn't resist. ;)

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger teabird17 said...

What a great surprise for your mother! Congratulations on pulling it off. And what could be better than German chocolate cake?

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Marji said...

ok Kim, If I'm not the only one buying up yarn prior to the StashAlong April 1, then you may have some 'fessin up to do. I see no Yarn Enhancement posts here lately.
lots of pretty men, er, well, men aren't necessarily pretty, but eye candy nevertheless. BTW, Good ole George would stay a lot more attractive if he would just keep his Mouth Shut.
So glad you made the road trip to see your mom.
Love the cup and saucer you put in the mystery swap package.

 
At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Elaine said...

Sounds like a good trip, I'm glad your Mom got such a happy birthday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home