Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Shh! Don't Tell Anyone!

Two teenagers at home on Spring Break means Mom hardly ever gets a crack at the computer. (Especially when one teenager has had screen time restrictions eased in the name of Said Break.) I have to post early in the morning, and keyboard quietly so they won't hear, and come plowing downstairs demanding a turn.

Today and tomorrow are my last class days, then Finals on Monday. We are leaving for Atlanta late tomorrow afternoon for a couple of days sightseeing. Mainly, we'll be visiting the Georgia Aquarium, but hope to find other things that look interesting. When you think about being touristy, you forget the things very near you.

Knitting-wise, I'm frantically trying to finish the baby blanket, because 1) I'm tired of working on it, and 2) I won't see the student again after Monday. That has kept me from making any real headway on my Project Spectrum scarf, or my KTC wrap. Yes, I finally decided to go with the yarn instead of the pattern. I can't imagine having it done by month's end, but I think it will be quite lovely when I am through. I'm making Norah Gaughan's "Twisty Turns" from wrap STYLE, and though the yarn is rather pedestrian (Red Heart Tweed), the colors put me so in mind of the story. And the moebius-ness of the wrap symbolizes the plot to me. It will forever be my Life of Pi shoulderette.

Of course, Rox has been on my mind these last several days. Since she put me on the Hottest Men course (though I've been keeping this list since I was in high school. My best friend and I got the idea to poll people about their tastes, and I've kept the question alive ever since. Oftentimes, I use it in class.), and since she seemed to enjoy some earlier remarks I made about him, here's who's next:

5 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Libby said...

He is smokin' hot. I don't know why. :)

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I was wondering when he'd show up. :-)

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Rox said...

Ohh..... I just turned on Regis & Kelly..... he's there! Did you see ???

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Elaine said...

I watched him last night just to see what the fuss was about. He's cute, but there weren't any good arm shots.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Betzzy B said...

worth watching the news for!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home