Saturday, March 04, 2006

Mayber Blogger Doesn't Like Boleros


'Cause it took the picture of my socks!

Would you believe that as I sat here waiting for the photo to upload, I began seaming the second sock? The pair is complete! I used a rib pattern from a stitch "encyclopedia" I have, and the foot and toe from the Easy Accessories book, which you see. The yarn is a much riper purple than the camera showed, and it is faded in spots, like distressed paint. Just tremendous. And could you die for how the heels turned? Precisely halved, one part solid, one part flecked. The goddesses smiled on this one.

Spent a lot of the morning at the car dealership, as the "Check Engine" light in the car came on again (3rd time) yesterday. Extremely frustrating. But that gave rise to a long, long nap this afternoon. So it all worked out.

Got another wonderful package from my Secret Pal yesterday: Burt's Bees lotions (yum), folding scissors and two hanks of chocolate brown alpaca from Berrocco. The yarn is absolutely beautiful, and I thank you very, very much!!!

Nope, no sexy men today. I figure one successful photo upload is good --- let's not push our luck.

2 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that yarn too!

 
At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, that was from me! :) your sp7

 

Post a Comment

<< Home