Sunday, February 05, 2006

Yes, Virginia, There Is A Place Set For You

As diverse a group as knitters are, your Dinner Guest lists did show some commonalities. Most of the guests were either authors or actors. Only a very few of you listed family members (as opposed to my students, by the way.) People I'd call "Activists" were well-represented (ECStanton, FDouglass, etc.) But the only person who appeared on more than one list?

Virginia Woolf

Her dining card is rather full, thank you, with three invitations. Hope she has a Palm Pilot. Or a Social Secretary.

I have been knitting. The Muff Shawl is blocked. The ribbon bolero has a back and the beginning of a left front. The lap afghan is 60 rows shy of completion. And last night, I tried to cast on 2-circular socks, and found out I couldn't repeat my earlier triumph! (Snickle, your KAL has hexed me! Hexed me, I say!) I'll give it another try today.

As for dinner at my house:
Abraham Lincoln
Harpo Marx
Katharine Hepburn
Lily Tomlin
Arthur Ashe
Alan Rickman
Yoda

(With Emma Thompson on speed-dial for any last-minute cancellations, and Anderson Cooper in a caterer's shirt/vest/tie and jeans to fetch drinks.)

Hey --- you imagine your way, and I'll imagine mine. . .

2 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I bet Lily Tomlin would be a hoot.

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Rox said...

Yoda?

Oh sure, you say that Oprah would hog a conversation but can you imagine the focus of the whole room on Yoday?

You are too funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home