Thursday, February 09, 2006

Pleasures of the Flesh


Knitting on the lap afghan, which is now finished, I realized how comfortable something draped across one's legs could be. (The blue suede cowboy boots are comfy, too, by the way.) So I have decided to make one for myself using yarn leftovers. May not make a feather-and-fan one again right away, but I'll come up with something.

Don't know if any of you also check out my MindFull blog, but I posted an entry yesterday about a site which feeds my affection for men's forearms and hands. I like shoulders, too, though there doesn't appear to be a website for them. The body hangs, drops from the shoulders, so one's bearing, one's carriage, begin and end there.

Tomorrow, I pick up my birthday cake --- an annual hedonistic plunge into layers of caramel so absurdly rich that an annual hedonistic plunge is about all you can stand. That tomorrow isn't actually my birthday, and so no one will be able to partake, is an exquisite torment.

3 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

Uhm.... when is your birthday? Eh? You are turning 30 this year, right?

Lovely afghan btw!

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

Can't avoid me you know. On the whole b'day thing. I'll just go thru your archives.... betting you mentioned your b'day a while back and I just forgot.

I'll show you.

hehe

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I'm such a shoulder lady too. I just love a man's shoulders. They are so strong, so important to the frame.

Yes, we all must know when this birthday is :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home