Monday, January 09, 2006

Secret Pal Questions

Following are my answers to the SP7 "survey" (forgive my not knowing how to place this on a different page.) I'm looking forward to #7, though my matches from #6 will be hard to beat!!
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Not a snob at all. One-income household, you see.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I've intentionally stayed away from spinning, knowing I would probably become hopelessly addicted. I have the barest, most fundamental crocheting skills.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? A tall blue glass vase beside my bed.
4. How long have you been knitting? Around 18 years. Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I still think of myself as an Intermediate, because I can't do things like Fair Isle, or knit with DPNs.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No, I don't.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Gardenia.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Yes. Favorite candy? Caramel, toffee, Jelly Belly Juicy Pear beans.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I paint and decoupage wooden serving trays.
9. What kind of music do you like? Emmylou Harris, Bee Gees, Maria McKee, Ian Matthews, Blind Boys of Alabama, among many others. Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Nope.
10. What's your favorite color? Purple. Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? I like tweed yarns, lovely blues, earthy reds and browns. I also like grays. Any colors you just can't stand? Orange. In any incarnation.
11. What is your family situation? Widowed mother of two teenagers. Do you have any pets? Dogs, cats and a hamster.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes to all!
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? No brand or type, particularly, just something that feels good on/through the fingers. The silks I've dealt with in the past, though beautiful, were rather hard on the hands.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Silk comes closest, but the results are too stunning to swear off of.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? None, really.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Fingerless mitts / wrist warmers.
17. What are you knitting right now? A muff shawl for myself and roses for a bouquet to accompany my "Knit the Classics" readalong.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Absolutely. They're priceless.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Straights.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Oh, anything but plastic!
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No, and I don't think I want one. I have a lot of good memories of holding my mother's yarn while she wound it into balls; having to immobilize yourself with a skein to wind draped around your knees is part of the fun for me!
22. How did you learn to knit? My mother taught me.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? If I don't finish something, I rip it out. I don't have any unfinished things around.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Character(s): Fozzie Bear and Yoda. Animal: Lion.
25. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas.
26. Is there anything that you collect? Lots! Fozzies, Yodas, lions, lion and lamb Christmas cards, Nativity scenes, Marx Brothers memorabilia.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None anymore; I'm a book store junkie, and just buy them when I'm there.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? This one drew a blank last time, too. I'll have to let you know.
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I'm working to become proficient at 2-circulars-socks.
30. Are you a sock knitter? Yes, but seamed ones only so far.What are your foot measurements? Not quite 9 1/4" toe to heel, about 3 1/2" wide.
31. When is your birthday? February 12th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home