Saturday, January 07, 2006

OK, so I wasn't able to spend the whole day in my PJs. I had to put on jeans and a sweater to buy milk. Walking through the store to the dairy case, I passed magazines, and saw this on the stand. It's slightly pattern-poor, but one little paragraph more than made up for that.

There's a discussion of stars who knit, with mentions of Julia Roberts and Hilary Swank and blah, blah, all the ones we already know. But it also says that --- are you ready? Snoop Dogg "has been seen with knitting in hand." How awesome is that?!?! That one sentence gave the 3 of us such delight last night! Even if he were only holding someone else's knitting, the visual is priceless.

I read more of my KTC book yesterday, wrote a couple of letters, napped, and got quite a bit done on a tie-front top I'm making from some of the yarn Susie sent me in my Sock Exchange Thingy package. I'm also contemplating the Muff Shawl from the Lion Brand book Just Scarves. I have enough dark purple Homespun to make it. Though I don't enjoy working with Homespun, the colors are lovely, and this purple is to die for. And I've liked the Muff Shawl from my first perusal of the book.

Got a Knit Picks e-mail today, and they have AlterKnits for a more-than-reasonable price. I may have to pull out the plastic and give myself an early birthday present!

1 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I can totally imagine Snoop Dog knitting. For shizzel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home