Monday, December 19, 2005

A Little Verse

To 2005
And all of the friends
I made via keyboard, or paper and pen.
Your words have inspired me, they gave me a lift
Served as an everyday, all-year-long gift.
I wish I could give you the things you deserve
For giving me confidence, giving me nerve
To try different projects --- think outside the box ---
Like, goodness sake, knitted-on-circulars socks!!

Some of us met through those secret exchanges
That the knitting goddess, or plain blind Fate, arranges.
Others were found through the chain of blog linkage
With stories of missed gauge, dropped stitches, and shrinkage.

But whether I found you through luck or through stealth,
Here's wishing you all good knitting, and health,
And happiness, great friends, fine yarn in big hanks
For all that you've done for, and mean to me --- Thanks.
Here's hoping you each have a day that's Just Right.
Joyous Season to all

9 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger teabird17 said...

I love it!! (And ditto, friend) -- melanie

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous francoise said...

I love it too! Knitting bloggers are indeed a great community. To many more friends joining you via the Net...

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

What a cute poem! Thanks for writing it and sharing it with us!

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger bethieee said...

Love it!!!
Wonderful getting to know you....
_B

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Jenifer said...

That was beautiful! http://jeniferknits.blogdrive.com

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Snickle said...

Wonderful sentiment! I'm so thankful to have met you.

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Rox said...

Awww - Love the poem!

And likewise - back at ya!

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous katie said...

So sweet and funny! Merry Christmas to you, too!

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger bethieee said...

Do you have any idea where that light string came from? ("... and to all a good night")
I saw a light display put on by all the electrical guilds within spitting distance of Madison, WI and the last display on your way out of the park looked very similar to that picture.
I'm mostly just curious and slightly befuddled.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home