Thursday, December 15, 2005

And Schools Are Open!

Sorry for the blur; the camera batteries have seen better days. But, you get a feel for our first ice storm. Normally, a sight like this would have the doors on the school buildings snapped shut. Not today. I suspect it's because tomorrow is the last day of the term, and exams need to be given, et al. Truth be told, the roads aren't all that bad --- I took the children to school, then went to the grocery and the bank without any problems. But I'm hearing pine branches snapping in the backyard.

Hannah is finally back at school today, after being out all week. A hellacious day for her to return, but she seemed ready to go, and she was in danger of falling fatally behind if she didn't get back. I'm glad she's gone, first, of course, because it means she's feeling better, but, second, I needed some privacy to dig out hidden bags of presents and sort! I buy for here and Mama in Tennessee, and I have to decide what goes where.

I'm to the armholes on the front of Briton's sweater. I think he wanted it to wear to school before the break, but it's just not gonna happen. A bunch of his friends are getting together Monday afternoon, though, and I should have it done by then.

Waiting to hear that my SP6 spoilee has received her final package before I reveal her here. I know she's been under the weather,too, plus, she lives far enough away that what seems like a lot of time goes by before she gets whatever I send her. I'll let you know.

Well, this shivery day deserves something warm on the stove --- and I've got a pot of dumplings simmering. They are the only thing I make from scratch. While they get ready, I'll work some more on The Stripes. Stay warm!!

3 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Jade said...

And you .... how are you feeling?

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

The picture is very pretty, although I know you must be freezing! I hope you feel better!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Nae said...

Thank you soooo much for the christmas card i did not forget about you...I have been very busy with work Happy Holidays :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home