Thursday, December 08, 2005

And Now, The Not-Quite-So-Happy

In all the trip excitement, I've been failing to tell you that not everything has been rosy.

On Friday morning, I awoke with a very sick headache. It had been stalking me through the night, but hit me like a Mack truck when I tried to get out of bed. Only one other time in my life have I had a headache that made me incapable of movement, one that made me throw up if I dared to even raise my head off the pillow. Need I say more than a white bathroom trash can was a friend to me all day?

Friday was the night of the play, and I couldn't imagine when I woke up that I'd be able to make it. Thankfully, a friend of my cousin's (my cousin does have a name, by the way. It's Dixie.) came over bearing Tylenol 3. I stayed in bed all day long. Missed my chance to visit a positively charming-looking yarn shop in town. But was up to get into the city for the show. And was "healed" by Messrs. Pierce, Azaria, Curry, McGrath, Borle and Sieber. It was dicey there for a while, though.

Now, back home, Briton has decided that he's not happy with the striped sweater. It was being knit on fairly large needles, and he couldn't imagine that it would keep him warm. So now I have to go looking for another man's pattern (and we all know how difficult those are to come across) and re-start and try to get it done by Christmas.

Anyone want/need a red and green striped, long-sleeved "cutoff" sweater?

Finally, and this is happy --- Amanda from ribbityknits was my Scarf Me! pal. She made me a lovely purple (of course) drop-stitch scarf, which I have tried and tried to get a worthwhile picture of. Nothing I've been able to model or stage does it justice. But she needs to know, and all the rest of you, too, that it was the scarf I wore all around Manhattan during our Saturday march, and it is, indeed, the scarf I am wearing in our Christmas card photograph. Thanks again, Amanda!!!




1 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Anonymous marianne said...

:( sorry to hear about the sweater. I've seen a few straightforward patterns for men's sweaters here and there. knitty.com might have one. also, a google search led me to this pattern generator that looks interesting: http://www.thedietdiary.com/knittingfiend/Raglan/HusbandSweater.html
and the original Stitch 'N Bitch book has a pattern.

...I looked at the photo you had posted of the beginnings of the original sweater...it looks warm to me... :\

 

Post a Comment

<< Home