Saturday, October 15, 2005

Socks Are Done


As a compulsive scraps-of-yarn saver, I am all about stripes and holding two strands of yarn together to knit. These are made with turquoise Bernat Sox yarn, and some leftover Watercolors from a Ram Wools kit. It's a mohair/acrylic blend, and so the cuffs and toes of these socks are very soft.

Been knitting like a fiend of late, as nothing else interests me in the least. This has been one of those weeks, where I haven't given a flying rip about anything. Which means that my lectures have been sub-par, papers are ungraded, the house is a mess, and all I've done is sit in the bed knitting, or lay in the bed napping. Don't know what to blame it on: hormones or depression or just General Lethargy. But I have put a lot of stitches on a lot of needles in the last several days.

Need to make a UPS run (I write as Dale Jarrett gets crashed out of tonight's NASCAR race.) I've got a full box of things to send to Warm the World, and I put together another package for my Secret Pal this afternoon. Will do that Monday after class, if I feel like it. I'd better be out of this funk by then; I can't afford another unproductive week.

1 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger bethieee said...

I do not see any seams, were these socks knit in the round?
If so, many congratulations on your new acheivement!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home