Monday, October 10, 2005

The Phone Lines are Closed

Please, stop calling; all our hand eye operators are overwhelmed! We realized very quickly that the name of the new book is actually "Handknit Holidays." Sorr - ree!

Children were off today; when I got home from classes, we went to lunch, to the yarn store (big hit with Briton. . .) and to Blockbuster. Hannah and I are currently watching one of our rentals: an "Invader Zim" disc, while Briton is at rehearsal. How much cuter could Gir be?

Whatever became of "Angry Beavers," also starring The Voice of Zim? And my all-time favorite cartoon show, "Aaaaaah! Real Monsters!"?

(Of course, the single greatest episode of a TV cartoon ever is the episode of "Johnny Bravo" where Donny Osmond is Johnny's nanny.)

(And did you know that Donny Osmond is a grandfather?!? How old does that make some of us feel?)

Sheesh!!!!!!

The search for projects ended with the decisions to make socks (on straights) and a cabled hat. I'm also working on another blanket for Warm the World, trying to lessen the bulge in my odds-and-ends garbage bag. The gift I made my Secret Pal went extraordinarily quickly, and turned out beautifully --- I'll make one for myself one day. I bought her a couple of things at the yarn shop today; this whole program is so much fun. I have a second package ready to send her way; will probably ship it out toward the end of this week. I continue to get terrific messages from my Spoiler; she has a wonderful comic touch, and I'm always glad to hear from her. Whoever she is! Must come up with appropriately wonderful thank you present for her when all this is done.

1 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Anonymous katie said...

Donny Osmond is a grandfather? No way. I took a very quick peek at that Handknit Holidays book and I thought it looked like fun, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home