Monday, October 31, 2005

I'm feeling considerably better today, after a weekend of lots of sleep and Quils --- either Day or Ny, depending on the time of day.

Son had play practice tonight, and Daughter had been invited to go trick-or-treating with friends, so I was going to have some time to myself. Decided to spend it at Borders, equidistant between their two locations, so I could be either place quickly if needed. I packed a scarf I cast on over the weekend, and envisioned sitting with a nice cup of hot chocolate, plying my craft in silent bliss.

Well, I get to Borders, and there are no free tables nor chairs. But I can still get a nice hot drink and peruse magazines and/or books, right? Somehow, the young lady behind the counter fails to keep the coffee out of my chocolate, and there are too many people waiting in line to make complaining worthwhile. I understand that most people probably order some coffee of some sort. But, occasionally, a queer duck like myself will come through and only want steamed milk with some flavoring. I left Borders, dropping my coffee into the nearest outside trash can.

Now what to do? I wound up at Jo-Ann, pity/angry-buying yarn and some circular 15s that I realized I needed over the weekend. Some of the Jo-Ann yarn is really quite lovely. I'm a fan of the Bamboo, and tonight I got a really beautiful wool blend called Cosetta. (Sorry if that spelling is off.)

Long story short, I wound up sitting in the parking lot, under a light, knitting the last 10 minutes or so away until time to pick up Hannah. I suspect that, when I look at the stitches tomorrow, they will be on the needle tightly, as they bore the brunt of all the evening's frustration.

1 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

"quils" - too funny!

I am digging some of the Joann's yarn too. There is something that is all pastel'y, soft like DB Cashmerino - can't remember what its called. Every time I go in there... I almost buy some. Someday soon.... I will use the coupon from the flyer...and the soft mystery yarn will be mine!

Til then.... I'm happy with the LB Wool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home