Thursday, October 27, 2005

I Saw It Sitting There. . .


. . .on my front porch, and I knew it had to be something good.

It was!

From Ashley, at nothinbut knit, my Sock Scrap Swap yarn! This is serious stuff, too --- Lang and Lana Grossa, Classic Elite, even a little Koigu, Dalegarn and Cascade. And look at that notecard ---
it's a Cats in the Sun photo. I positively adore the Cats in the Sun series.

So, thank you, Ashley! May you have received an equally exciting package from your Swap pal. And thank you, Katie, for the wonderful idea!

I finished up a pair of socks/slippers today for my mother for Christmas. They're too big for me, so I know they'll be large on her, but she wears layer upon layer of socks in the winter, so these can go on top. I made them out of Sinfonia, a cotton I'd never heard of. I came across it as I wandered through Hobby Lobby one day. I'm pleased with how it worked, and even more pleased that I bought a skein of delicious deep purple that same day, so I can make myself some socks. The yardage seems to go a long, long way.

Beyond socks, I'm closing in on another Warm the World blanket, and I think I'll start on some sort of wrap for myself. Don't know what just yet; I was sorting through patterns last night, but wasn't struck with inspiration. Of course, I was running an inexplicable fever and feeling pretty crummy at the time, so inspiration was going to be hard to come by.

Today, somehow, I am definitely in a sock mood!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home