Monday, August 08, 2005

I cannot imagine that anyone hates grocery shopping more (or even as much as) I do. But I had to drag myself there this morning, and managed to come out under budget. So I treated myself to Barnes and Noble. The new "Vogue Knitting" is out, but I haven't looked at yet, as I also bought Lion Yarns' "Just Scarves," and have been perusing it. I fell in love with one pattern on the spot: a shawl/muffler combination thing. I don't know if I have enough yarn of any kind to knit it right now, but it is really nice. I try not to buy knitting books if there aren't several patterns in them that I want. For instance, if a book is $19.95, but only has one pattern I like, there's no point. This one does have several pretty scarves, including crocheted ones. If I could only keep up with my stitch count when crocheting, I'd make one of them.

I finished the feather and boucle' scarf last night. Gave up on the dog coat: borrrrr-ing. So I began a ruffled scarf, and got about a third of the way through while watching a Broadway retrospective on PBS last night. Which means I get to choose a third project sometime today. Whee!!!

It is time for me to start working on my hand eye inventory. I renewed the domain name yesterday. Toying with the idea of letting the Internet thing go after the year if I don't see something of a profit. Stay local. I never expected this to become a primary income source, but I would like to make a wee bit of money from it. As of right now, I'm in the red.

But having fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home