Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A Charm?

Right. This is the third time I've tried to make this entry; if I lose connection when sending it this time, I'll know someone is trying to tell me something.

Gradually getting things up on the etsy site. No sales yet, but lots of looks, according to the site's counter.

Working on a moebius scarf/hood/cowl thing. It calls for size 35 needles. Now, I've been around knitting and knitters all my life. I've inherited needles and yarn and stitch markers and cable hooks of all types. But I've never had any size 35s. I won a lovely pair of bamboo 19s at a yarn shop open house once, but the largest I've ever actually knit on were 17s. Til this. And I had to go buy the bloody things. They look like those giant souvenir pencils you can get, with a red tassel around the enormous eraser, and drawings of a state's famous sites and people all over it.

ANYway, knitting with them is a trial. Like manuevering 2 table legs. And to imagine there are size 50s! Thinking of having to do something with them makes my hair hurt.

1 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger Peacock said...

size 35's are 19mm. (unless for some reason they're sized in British, in which case they'd be practically microscopic! since British 14's are 2mm.)

The US needle sizes go up in size as the needle measurement goes up in milimeters. The English sizes go down in size as the milimeters go up. Go figure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home