Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Calling It a Day

Last night, I decided that today would be Wives and Daughters day. Meaning that I would finish the book and work on the wrap I've been knitting for the Knit the Classics readalong. Well, I got several rows done this morning while watching "Regis & Kelly," many more this afternoon while watching "Celebrity Poker Showdown." In between, I read to within one chapter of book's end.

Then the mail came.

With the new KnitPicks catalog.

I was a goner.

Sister knitters would likely agree that, next to looking at real yarn in an actual yarn shop, nothing beats looking at pictures of yarn in a catalog. And KnitPicks is fabulous. Patternworks is at the top of my list, too. Both of them can make any day whenever they arrive. And this KnitPicks catalog has a predominantly purple cover, which gives it extra Brownie points from me!

So I've pored over the pages, imagining what I could do with which yarns, what colors I like. . . You know the drill. Then I remembered the iron band I'm trying to keep around my checkbook, and the titanium one straining to keep my debit card in my billfold.

Back to Plan A. I finished the book. I will continue to work on the wrap for a few more days, as I like a long shawl. I did what I set out to do. And got an added treat.

1 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

I too am spending time drooling over the KP new catalog!

Someday... I'll have lots of money... and when those wonderful catalogs come in the mail.... I'll order to my hearts content.

But until I marry Brad Pitt - I can only window shop.

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home