Friday, June 03, 2005

Calling It A Day

Last night, I made the Executive Decision that today would be Wives and Daughters Day. Meaning, I would knit my Knit the Classics wrap primarily, if not exclusively, and that I would finish the book.

I was going gangbusters on the knitting, managing several rows during "Live with Regis & Kelly" this morning, and many more during "Celebrity Poker Showdown" this afternoon. In between, I had read to within one chapter of the end of the book.

Yeah, I was getting cocky.

Then the mail came.

And in it, the new KnitPicks catalog.

I was a goner.

Sister knitters will likely tell you that, next to being in front of actual yarn in an actual shop, there is little that can compare to sitting and poring over pictures of yarn in a catalog. KnitPicks and Patternworks absolutely make any and every day on which they arrive. And today waat 2:53 pm on June 1, weighing in at 7 pounds, 6 ounces and measuring 20.5 inches.

Both Sage and Cyndy are doing great, albeit a wee bit tired and a tad hungry. :)

Three cheers for parenthood and childhood! Hope this note finds you all well.

Love, Cyndy, Rich & Sage