Saturday, March 19, 2005

Two Sticks

Creating something while having to control two sticks should be more difficult than while having to control one, correct? I mean, just logically. Then why can't I get the hang of crochet? I can crochet --- if you want a shoelace or something like that. But a garment? Or even a lap throw out of leftover yarn? Forget it!! For some reason, I cannot, for the life of me, keep up with a crochet stitch count. And I've tried. Believe me, I've tried. There are two "afghans" in this house which I've made using lengths of yarn left from knitting projects. Depending on how you hold them, they start out wide and finish narrow, or start out narrow and finish wide. A-line skirts are what I can crochet.

I shouldn't rant, really. I prefer the look of knitting to the look of crocheting 98% of the time. But it would be nice to know that I could do it.

On the needles now: scarf, poncho, cardigan. All, I suspect, for myself. Though at this point, the cardigan looks a mite snuggish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home