Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Picking Up Speed?

I've never thought of myself as a fast knitter. I'm too often interrupted by other duties to really build up much of a head of steam.

My mother, by contrast, is both fast and committed. She will sit still until she has an entire scarf done. Or the full back of a cardigan. She has always astounded me with how much work she can get done. In all areas, frankly.

But lately, I've been churning out finished items. Sunday alone, two hats. Granted, one of them was for a child, but still. . . Today, I've gotten a pair of mittens done. The second one isn't seamed, but I've finished with the work. I don't know what it is. Are the projects easier? Is there something on television holding my attention long enough to make real progress? I don't have a clue.

But I'll take the results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home