Sunday, January 16, 2005

FROGGGGGGING

The ribbed vest? History. I'm not one for ribbing forever anyway, but. . . I thought I was making good progress --- I finished the left front today. And yet, when I held it up against the back, I wasn't happy with the way it looked. Something about the way the shoulder sloped into the armhole or something. . . ANYway, I unraveled it all. Time to move on. One thing about me --- if I get bored with a project at any point, it is doomed.

I did finish the back (or front, doesn't matter with this pattern) of the blue sweater this afternoon. I'm making really god progress on the light blue scarf. And I think I'm going to use some of the Threaded Bliss yarn to make a little shoulderette. Still have one more day off, due to Dr. King's birthday tomorrow, so I should get a good bit done. I'm about in the mood to tackle a pair of socks, but I'll have to finish one of these things first.

Oh --- I got my first Yarn of the Month samples the other day. Just enought of 4 yarns to make 4 Barbie things. I've done two capelets and a hat. Still working on what to use the fourth sample for. It's a bulky weight; probably a wrap or something. One of the yarns was Debbie Bliss' Denim, which was really nice to work with. One was soy silk, which wasn't really my cup of tea. But that's the point of sampling, right?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home