Friday, December 24, 2004

The Most Wonderful Day of the Year

Christmas Eve is simply the best day that ever was. The anticipation, the increasing quiet and stillness as everyone heads home. . . I just adore this day.

Here, now, my son is playing a video game, and my daughter is playing with the dogs. All three of us are trying, I know, to think of some way to stay under control, while aching to know what is under the tree. And what might come down the chimney overnight.

My mother is getting snow and ice, which makes us very envious. It will probably be gone by the time we get there, and return after we've left. That's how it always seems to go.

I finished my Vandy scarf yesterday, and the front half of my green poncho. I started a "snake" scarf while watching "A Muppet Family Christmas" last night, and actually got pretty far. That video makes it seem undeniably like Christmas. Tonight, we watch "The Muppet Christmas Carol," as per tradition. Sense a trend?

Today, we bake chocolate chip cookies, try to tear down the ivy on the chimney so that a morning fire might be possible, and otherwise revel in this glorious time.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home